Robert D. France
Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer
B.S. Civil Engineering, Northeastern University, Boston MA
In 2011, Robert France assumed the role of Chief Executive Officer after 20 years as President of Senate Construction. Bob has more than 35 years in the construction field. His extensive experience in Design/Build construction includes complicated foundation construction of urban high rise buildings, office and corporate headquarters, light to heavy manufacturing, retail, institutional and hospitality projects.
Robert D. France founded Senate Construction Corporation in April of 1990 and now serves as its Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer. Bob started Senate with the desire to create a company that maximizes the efficiency in which real estate and construction services are delivered to his clients. His projects have included renovations, additions, and new construction ranging from $50K to over $10M.
He was employed by The Caruso Company in Littleton, MA from 1984 until 1990 as Field Supervisor and Project Manger for three years. Promoted to Senior Construction Manager in 1987, he was responsible for 13 employees and the completion of on-going construction. After three years, he became Assistant Vice President of Operations, responsible for 22 employees and construction projects totaling approximately $32M.
Previous employment included Aberthaw Construction, Spaulding & Slye, and United Engineers & Constructors.
During this period (1977 - 1984), he worked on various projects, including:
- Congoleum Headquarters, Portsmouth NH
- New England Life in Burlington MA
- US Trust Building, Woburn MA
- Ritz-Carlton, Boston MA -18-story condominium/hotel complex addition and 6-story parking garage
- A speculative 24-story, 400,000 sq.ft. office building in Boston
- Chairman of the Board, AGC of Massachusetts, 2012-2013
- President, Groton-Pepperell Rotary, 2013-2014
- Treasurer of Associated General Contractors (AGC), MA Chapter 2010-2011
- Member of Chief Industries Advisory Council since 2008; Chairman of Chief Industries
- Building Advisory Council 2010-2011
- Licensed Superintendent, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- A limited, B, C License Superintendent Classification, City of Boston and City of Cambridge Board of Directors, Associated General Contractors (AGC)
- Nominated as AGC representative of the Designer Selection Panel of the MA Convention Center Authority (4/07)
- Appointed to Chief Industries Building Advisory Council 2008-2011
- Member of Northeastern University Varsity hockey team 1974-1978
The projects listed represent the career work of Senior Staff while at Senate Construction Corp and other companies.