For more than 100 years, Butler Manufacturing has been synonymous with quality, crafting their products to create innovative, precisely engineered, and rigorously tested metal building solutions. As a certified Butler Builder, Senate offers clients a line of products proven to be smarter, stronger, and all-around better than the competition. As an expert specializing in the design/build approach, we collaborate with our clients to streamline the construction process to deliver more efficient, cost-effective buildings.
Our most recent Butler projects:
- 615,600 square-foot distribution center in Worcester, Massachusetts
- 40,600 square-foot addition for Integra featuring both office and warehouse space in Devens, Massachusetts
- 50,000 square-foot new construction corporate headquarters for Mass Crane featuring both office and manufacturing space in Tyngsborough, Massachusetts
With Senate Construction, design and construction are significantly faster, and costs are streamlined with time-consuming bidding and redesign minimized. Senate takes a collaborative, team-centered approach on every project – taking your vision from concept to reality utilizing the design/build approach.
Making up the majority of our projects, Senate excels at design/build. As the single source for both design and construction, Senate offers you the most efficient and cost-effective approach available – ensuring a positive, smooth, and successful project for all stakeholders.
We have perfected the art of effective construction management:
- Working collaboratively with the business owner and the architect throughout the design phase, Senate plans, coordinates, and develops a set of working drawings that meets the business owner’s vision and budget.
- By joining the team early, we provide a “fast track” approach to the construction process resulting in an earlier start date, which in turn expedites the completion date and produces project cost savings to the owner in construction interest expenses.
- Clear and concise communication is crucial to project success. Senate provides monthly written documentation to the owner and architect to keep them abreast of project costs and status of the project schedule.
- For every project, we assign a project manager to oversee the construction process, which demonstrates leadership and accountability with the highest degree of professionalism in order to fulfill the Owner’s expectations
- Our team approach with owners, architects and engineers results in a successful construction project utilizing our professional experience and knowledge.
- We create a complete construction schedule for project assembly, including the design process, noting key items that need to be addressed, and update the schedule on a weekly basis.
- Develop accurate cost estimates for the team’s use, tracking costs on a monthly basis with written documentation.
- Provide value engineering on a continual basis and make cost-saving suggestions on design details.
- We pre-qualify all subcontractors who are requested to bid the project.
- Review subcontractor bid analysis with team members.
- Submit monthly Project Status Reports to the Owner and the Architect.
- Projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Provide a one (1) year written guarantee
We encourage our clients to integrate sustainable design and construction principles, and we execute them. The benefits of using new green technologies and construction materials are substantial. Not only do they protect the environment, but many of these energy-efficient systems will yield significant savings on building maintenance and utility costs over time. Our staffers are well-trained in building sustainable and environmentally friendly projects of all sizes.
Building Information Modeling, commonly known as BIM, is a process that involves the generation and management of digital depictions of physical and functional characteristics of workspaces and buildings. We use this technology and the latest software to help our clients make better decisions about their space and planning (delete). We also provide our clients with up-to-date information - that can be incorporated within BIM to support analysis of not only design, construction, and interior décor, but also building operation and maintenance.
This guide is designed to help you prepare for the design and construction process. With the help of this guide, You’re better prepared to communicate your needs to your design and construction teams.
Whether you’re ready to build now or have plans for the future, Senate Construction is a resource you can depend on.
SELECTING A PROJECT DELIVERY METHOD
2. Project Team
SELECTING A CONSTRUCTION METHOD
1. Conventional Construction
2. Systems Construction
SELECTING A CONTRACTOR
The most important criteria for selecting a general contractor are a good reputation and the use of high-quality construction and materials.
To receive the copy of our Construction Planning Guide, please fill out the form below:
Senate’s Facility Services Division has been created to manage our service and maintenance programs, the newest service being offered to Senate’s new and existing clients. These programs are designed with our clients to assist them in maintaining their facility, keeping systems functioning properly, extending their facility’s lifespan, and whatever specific needs they may require.
Senate’s Facility Services Division ensures that our service and maintenance programs receive the same level of attention and professionalism that is expected from Senate Construction.
For more information, call (978) 425-4005.
Senate’s Special Projects Division was formed in response to clients demanding quality and professionalism for their small construction, fit-out, or renovation projects. We specialize in working with sensitive clients, short schedules, and in occupied spaces.
Our proposals are delivered in a quick turnaround. We’re able to initiate work soon after authorization.
The Special Projects Division provides our clients with economical solutions, expertise, and commitment to quality that they have learned to expect from Senate Construction.
For more information, call (978) 425-4005.
To Senate Construction, nothing is more important than ensuring the safety of our clients, employees, subcontractors, and the public. It is our belief that all accidents are preventable with proper planning, training, communication, and oversight. We pride ourselves on maintaining safe worksites and making accident prevention a core value and a crucial component of company policy.
Senate emphasizes a team approach to safety. Our formal safety program is managed by a safety committee that meets monthly. This group of industry experts focuses on ensuring Senate Construction is a safe place to work, and our job sites are a safe place to visit. Our safety training initiatives play a critical role in educating our teams about the importance of job site safety, fall protection, safety equipment usage, and other critical safety procedures. Our safety track record leads the industry and is a direct result of our commitment to training and supporting our people. All Senate field personnel are OSHA 10-hour, CPR, AED (Automated External Defibrillator) trained and have received first aid training. All Senate Construction job sites conduct regular Tool Box Talks (group discussions on safety issues). And our sites are inspected regularly by a qualified safety committee member.
Senate Construction expects the same attention to safety from all subcontractors. We impose a contractual obligation on each subcontractor to comply with existing safety regulations. This includes OSHA requirements, standards, and regulations that have been or will be promulgated by the agencies administering such acts. We require compliance by the subcontractor agents, employees, material suppliers, and subcontractors of any tier.
Here at Senate, we spare no expense when it comes to training our workforce. We subscribe to BLR Safety Training, and BLR has been Named Best Workforce Training Solution by the SIIA. The BLR® Employee Training Center is both a web-based training platform and a source of professionally developed training courses for the workforce.
We have a reputation for safety excellence and are regularly recognized by the Massachusetts Chapter of the AGC with a Certificate of Commendation for Excellent Safety Records. Our efforts have earned an EMR rate well below the industry standard.